Monday, November 19, 2007

I Just Re-Wrote the Rules to Blog-Tag

Good Ol' Kelly of http://kradsrag.blogspot.com has "tagged" me, which means I am now to share ten fascinating facts about myself. I never back down from a challenge, Kelly, so I will list five items, and then leave the last five blank so that ALL who read it [This means you, dear reader.] may* post something quirky, unique, or extraordinary about themselves, be it on my comment page, on One's own blog, in a letter to a friend, or in a Letter to the Editor of the newspaper of One's choosing. It seems I just changed the game from Blog-Tag, to Blog-Sharks-and-Minnows. What next from unpredictable me?!
*The use of the word "may" in this case, lends itself to a more steely "is required to".

Five Facts Fascinating:

1. I find the smell of geraniums revolting. The fact is, geraniums really do smell horribly, it's just that nobody wants to admit it because we all have someone in our lives (ie, Mom, Grandma, Auntie) who love, love, loves, geraniums. Well, I'm putting it out there: they stink. (Sorry Mom).

2. My friend Rachel hates fruit pies. (I rather like fruit pies, but I needed something to spice this fact up because "Four Facts Fascinating and One Fact Tepid" is a lame title to this list.) Thanks to Rachel for her contribution to this fascinating fact about me!

3. I've been know to invent new words and use them teauvalenscently in casual, or even prulient conversation. I know, it's so caldezon!

4. Rumors continue to circulate that Tom Selleck is my biological father.

5. I have two sisters and it just so happens that one sister hates the feeling/touch of velvet. She will NOT touch it or be the object of its touch for any reason whatsoever. My exploitation of this knowledge rendered me the nickname "Jennifart". My other sister is very sweet and kind.

6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing your velvet-hating sister may disagree about your other sister's attributes.

I find it odd that she doesn't like the feel of velvet but loves the feel of animal fur (as long as it is still attached to a living animal). They feel a bit similar depending on the animal.

As far as something quirky about me I'd have to go with the fact that I enjoy getting up at 3:30 a.m. every day. I enjoy that time of day and feel like I've slept the day away if I sleep past 5:00 a.m.

rachel rawlings said...

jenny has bought the same pair of shoes about 5 or 6 times. There's a style of adidas she really likes, and no matter how much shoe technology improves she insists on buying the same style she wore 10 years ago. She's even planning a trip to the outlet mall to get another pair...i guess in case they stop making them. She really should consider buying them in bulk.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jens said...

Rachel, why in the world were you blogging at 6am on Nov. 20th? Are you turning into Cat Lady of Carmel? Perhaps this is the unique thing you should list about yourself, although the one you put about me is quite fascinating.

catherine said...

9. i love jumble word puzzles. i like most puzzles anyway, but jumbles are the best.

9b. jenny is remarkably good at 1,000 piece puzzles, especially pastoral landscapes with lots of sky.

Jens said...

9c. Catherine and I can both look at the word "barilry". I will tell you that barilry means: a jovial cacaphony of portly men laughing;
Catherine will tell you that it is actually the word "library" jumbled up. I'm not sure which is more amazing, my ability to believe barilry is a word, or Catherine's ability to blow my cover. Hee!

T Gonzales said...

10. I have received 4 parking tickets in the past 2 months. I keep waiting for them to tow my car, but they haven't yet. I hate PARC!